Ball flight discrepancy into wind??

Mpags

Ball flight discrepancy into wind??

Postby Mpags » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Just getting back into the swing of things from almost a year off and have been "getting my ball count up" , as Tiger says, utilizing the OGT combine. I am seeing really off numbers into the wind. Guessing this is a PG tweak and not the OGT interface?? I'm flushing my 150 club and getting that number on my GC2 but ball puffs and flies about 122. I can adjust but I'm more into this to groove my swing than worry too much about what PG thinks a 15 mph wind will do to my ball. I'm running OGT v4.6. I've had combines above 85 in the past so I'm no slouch in knowing what my ball should be doing. Just curious to see if others are seeing similar results? Guess I'll turn the wind off for now and see what results show with that.

psgolfer

Re: Ball flight discrepancy into wind??

Postby psgolfer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Mpags wrote:Just getting back into the swing of things from almost a year off and have been "getting my ball count up" , as Tiger says, utilizing the OGT combine. I am seeing really off numbers into the wind. Guessing this is a PG tweak and not the OGT interface?? I'm flushing my 150 club and getting that number on my GC2 but ball puffs and flies about 122. I can adjust but I'm more into this to groove my swing than worry too much about what PG thinks a 15 mph wind will do to my ball. I'm running OGT v4.6. I've had combines above 85 in the past so I'm no slouch in knowing what my ball should be doing. Just curious to see if others are seeing similar results? Guess I'll turn the wind off for now and see what results show with that.

I've noticed sometimes wind affects more than other times. I've heard in PG2 the wind will be given an over haul. I'd focus on hitting with calm wind and just dialing in your distances. OGT interface just feeds the data to PG it doesn't do anything with the wind.
GC2 PDT

Zmax

Re: Ball flight discrepancy into wind??

Postby Zmax » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:37 am

Psgolfer is correct. If you're playing on beta, the wind will have more effect. This is the wind that will be used in PG2.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

Return to “Foresight GC2”