Help! GC2 is off!

joebminor

Help! GC2 is off!

Postby joebminor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm another owner of a gc2 unit that has consistantely off readings. Before I even start. I have read multiple post with the same problems. But, haven't seen any mention how or if they resolved the issue. My unit has a mid 8000's serial. So, not sure that the tilt calibration tool will work. Long story short, the unit shows very low ball speed and carry distance. Also seems to be pull and draw bias. I normally carry a 9 iron 145-150 . GC2 is showing 120's. I have tested the unit outside. Seems to be with all clubs. I was lasering my 3 wood shots around 245 carry w/ slight fade. Landing them on an up slope. Unit was showing 205 carry w/ slight draw. Have also tested the unit side by side to another gc2. Numbers are way off. I purchased the unit used from an individual. But, he did provide me with eveidence that the unit was just reconditioned by foresight. Of course, I'm trying my best to avoid playing foresight's game. Not to mention, I have heard of people having the same problem with brand new GC2s. This is rendering JNPG and OGT interface useless to me. I was really looking forward to sim tourneys. I would offer a reward to anyone who can help me resolve this... I'm thankful in advance for any info.

joebminor

Re: Help! GC2 is off!

Postby joebminor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Also. I am wearing black shoes. With a black back drop. No white stickers on clubs. The unit is 1 in higher than hitting surface. Tried different mats. Have replaced flash. Have cleaned lense. Have tried the different vs of firmware.

sfr

Postby sfr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

First off, what is the elevation at where you live? If you were at higher elevation as in 4000 plus feet it will make a big difference and would account for the difference you see.

Make sure the base foot bar is proper and not folded under the unit.

Make sure the mat is not moving and if the GC2 is on the same mat that may cause issues. Better to have the GC2 on a separate surface if there is any chance of vibration or movement happening when you hit.

Tell us what is the ball speed showing for a few of your hits and what club was used. An example would be 8 iron with a ball speed of 115 mph launch angle of 18 deg's and back spin of 8000 would be tour average and about a carry of 160 yds.

When you said you tested with another GC2 side by side how did you do this. I have 2 GC2's and the only way I can get two to read at the same time is to have one at my feet as if it were for a left hander and the other in normal spot. Even then my two units will read with one GC2 always about 2 mph lower in ball speed which makes a slight difference of 3 to 5 yards but not way off. Even the spin numbers are off but within reason.

As for testing at a range to see a slight fade and see draw spin numbers it is hard to say if wind may have caused that.
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

joebminor

Postby joebminor » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am

Well I live in Georgia. So, pretty close to sea level.
Believe me when I say I have tried every simple set up tip and trick I have read. Cleaning the lense. Making sure it's fully open. Making sure that the foot is fully extended up under the unit. Having it above the hitting surface. No white tees, shoes, stickers.
When I tested against the other gc2, I hit 30 shots per unit. Alternating the units every 10 shots. We simply placed my unit exactly where the PGA teaching pro's was sitting. Then just replace his back to get readings on his.
Can't remember launch angle #'s. But, with my unit, a 9 iron is showing 80-100 ball speed. With a carry of 110-130yds. Almost always shows starting left with 1800 or more draw side spin. I'm a pretty long player. On his unit a "good" shot would carry 150 at least. Not to mention my miss is a slight push fade. I haven't seen my unit read anything starting right, or going right yet. If I slightly miss hit a shot my unit is showing 110 to 120 yd carry. Not trying to have a big ego, but I would have to top a 9 iron to make it go 110 yds
Also, the longer the club, the more the readings are off. On the range, my 3 wood was landing 235-255 w/ it starting left w/ slight cut. Was hitting into an upslope to be able to laser the landing area. The unit was showing the ball starting right with a slight draw. With 190-205 yd carry.
I will get more numbers and take screen shots. I'm going to take it back to my pro's location tomorrow. I will take some photos. But, honestly...... It is reading short and left at my sim set up. It's reading short and left on the range when comparing to real life shots that were tested with range finder. And, to top it off, its reading short and left vs another GC2. I can't stress enough how much I trust the readings from the pro's unit. It has always translated very accurately for me, to real world results.
Anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows anyone anywhere close to me. Thanks in advance.

sfr

Postby sfr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm

The only units that I have heard of not using the tilt calibration on are the T-marker units. The other standard GC2 should be ok to use and you may want to get the download for the tool and run it with the GC2 sitting on a flat surface.

Also if you can set up again with 2 GC2 units at the same time, have one as I have said in a left handers position and the other in the right handers position. Then you may need to adjust your normal stance with the one unit being right where your left foot may want to be but a person can then test the exact same shot on both units at the same time. See if at least the ball speed is within a couple mph and then look at the LA. I am wondering if the LA is being lowered in it's read of the ball and thus creating a much less carry number.

I wonder if you can tilt the GC2 so that the right side is sitting an inch or so higher than the left side and thus cause the unit to read possibly more LA into the shot and see if you see any change in yardage. I know the unit is supposed to self level but if it thinks it is not level it will adjust numbers possibly to make up for what it thinks. This would be a test to try before you do a calibration. If that gives you more carry than it has to be the calibration and that may also be why the draw spin is showing more as well.

For a 9 iron you would need about a 110 mph ball speed to carry 150 with a 20-21 LA. So your ball speed posted at 100 mph is not bad but if you say you would normally carry a 9 iron in real life at sea level 150 yds you would be getting more than 100mph ball speed to see that carry.
GC2 Simulator Player (Mountain time which is EST -2)

Return to “Foresight GC2”