Splines / Meshes / Textures bleeding into each other

Moderator: JohnMeyer

LuckyMcD

Splines / Meshes / Textures bleeding into each other

Postby LuckyMcD » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 pm

I've run into another problem with my first course. I'm starting to wish I had done one hole at a time rather than trying to do the whole course. Unfortunately it's too late for that now. Anyway, I've built all my splines and the splines or textures or meshes (I'm not sure which term is right) are bleeding into each other. I'd rather not delete the splines that I spent hours making, so I'm trying to fix them instead. My question is is there a way to see what is causing the bleeding? If I could see what was causing it I could fix that instead of deleting and starting virtually from scratch again. I think the problem is I have splines too close to each other, but I can't be sure or tell exactly where if that is it.

CintiGolfer

Re: Splines / Meshes / Textures bleeding into each other

Postby CintiGolfer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 pm

If you hold the shift key down while hovering over a spline, you can usually see the areas that overlap with other splines.
SkyTrak

stingreye

Postby stingreye » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Rough splines seems to be the biggest offenders on the course I am building. The other splines don’t see to require as big of a gap.

LuckyMcD

Postby LuckyMcD » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:08 am

Cintigolfer, I don't see any difference between holding shift or not holding shift when I move over the splines. What should I be looking for?

Stingreye, I'm pretty sure my rough or deep rough (or maybe both) splines are the problem areas, but I can't tell where. How do you know how big the gaps need to be?

CintiGolfer

Postby CintiGolfer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

I just opened CF to duplicate the shift key functionality. The shift key did not function like I described until after I rebuilt some splines. After that, the shift key does show the outer boundaries of the spline (i.e. spline + blends). Note that it only showed the "borders" of the splines that I rebuilt in that CF session.
SkyTrak

Return to “Course Forge Discussions & Videos”