Testimonials

Moderators: Zmax, Shankygolf

Shankygolf

Re: Testimonials

Postby Shankygolf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:27 pm

jasefarrell74 wrote:Hi guys, I know a lot of our members have taken the opportunity to get in touch with Shane, for anyone that hasn't I would highly recommend you send him a message. I hadn't been playing too bad when I had a look at my swing, it was horrifying. I sent Shane a video, he took time out of his one day off a week to contact me and offer a few tips and thoughts. I have been working on things the last few weeks and had my first real game in 3 months on the weekend. Wow, it was almost back to the old Jase, 11/13 fairways, driver with a beautiful little draw averaging about 230 metres, pretty good for me, only 8/18 greens, was hitting the irons a little thin, think because of playing off the mat so much. The boys were sceptical when I told them about lessons from a Pro in England but by the end of the round the money was in my pocket and i'm pretty sure they were convinced. Thanks Shane and I will definitely send you a follow up video soon. Cheers Jase.

Wow thanks Jase, always makes my day hearing that my tips are making a difference to your games! I'd been wondering how it was going...happy coach right now and thanks for the kind words at shankygolf.co.uk too 8-)
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:04 pm

Zmax wrote:That's awesome. I've been struggling lately. Might need to make another video for Shane look at.

Do it Vance, no point struggling when I can help out!
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Wanted to also report my work with Shane (Shankygolf). I've been struggling horribly for some time now and had even considered giving things a break. I'd tried to work with an "unnamed" online lesson company for a while but was seeing zero progress and really didn't even understand why they were telling me what they were telling me. I've been playing golf a long time and I need to be sold to make a change, not just instructed to do so - I need the "Why?"

Shane has provided the "Why? without me even asking. His teaching style is very different than what I've been exposed to and much more fit to what I need. He's not concerned with positions as the positions should be the result of new feelings and motions. He's triggered a change in my swing that I can now feel and results have already started.

I recently broke 80 at East Lake under incredibly tough conditions and had one of the best ball striking rounds I've had in years. I've played there twice prior and under much easier conditions (short rough, not tour green speeds) couldn't break 80. If I would have hit the ball there with my "normal" swing with the rough as long as it was i would have struggled breaking 90. Instead I hit several very straight drives and even hit a few pulls (which I never ever do) so I know we're onto something. I hit probably 6 or 7 shots that literally blew my mind (and those of my playing partners) and if I could have putted well (not used to 12 stimp) there's no doubt I could have been in the mid-70's at the worst. I highly recommend taking advantage of his services and donating to the cause! Thanks Shanky. I look forward to continuing our work as I know I have a long way to go but for the first time (in a very long time) I can't wait for what is coming! Golf is fun again!

Tretee

Postby Tretee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Shane you are the man!!!
How you managed to see the problem in the bad quality wrong angle video I sent you is beyond me.
I am a slow learner because I have a built in suspicion to all advice. No matter who it comes from. It has to grow on me.
On top of that there where a bunch of other issues that prevented an instant result from the cupped wrist remedy advice.
But I worked thru them today in the way that I assumed the wrist was the problem and then went with that adjusting away all the other wrong swing thoughts. Ball obviously went left for a while until I built up trust and slowly adjusted the path and plane.

Spin has gone down but it's still to high in average. I feel it will come down with some more practice.
Missed a few fairways today in the tournament because I am not used to the new carry so aim was wrong :D :D :mrgreen:

Now I need to fix the irons as well. Based on the theory so far it's basically the same problem. But I need to practice, the driver has taken most of the practice time so far.

Thank You!
GC2 & Skytrak. EST+6

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Gotta love this guy!
Had a LIVE facetime video lesson today, looked at my swing and could so easily have ripped it to shreds and tried to turn it into a "textbook" swing.
Instead, focused on a few simple tweaks that could help address my "misses" and provide longer term consistency.
Great to work with someone who wants to help you, not change you!
Cheers Shane - lots of homework to do now!
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Shanky is awesome. Best part about him is he knows exactly what to tell you. Not just the usual, "keep your head still or don't sway", etc... He tells you exactly what you need to do to get the body part to do what it needs to do.

After seeing Shanky's reverse K video, I made a post asking him for help. A couple tips and two horrible rounds later, I think it finally kicked in. Just shot a great +2 round on the sim tour. FIRs were much improved but GIRs really tell the story. I felt in control. Actualy missed a few good birdy chances. Now, I need to keep playing and keep using Shanky's tips.

Thank you very much Shanky. For a while there I was thinking about starting an onlineSimRacing.net site....lol
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Well done, Shane! And thanks for today! Always good to check with a pro before making your own changes - that could of been disastrous!

v8burble

Postby v8burble » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 am

Back with Shanky today for a live lesson following a catastrophically malfunctioning driver was barely going further than a 3 iron.
As expected, after watching a few swings quickly identified some adjustments and I'm back to driving the ball long and with confidence again. Thanks Shane.
UK - GC2 & HMT, SkyTrak and golf simulation reseller.

MainStGolf

Postby MainStGolf » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Just finished a live lesson with Shane. If you are having any doubts about using the "live" technology without Shane being right by your side you can proceed with absolute confidence! It works perfectly

I was a basketball coach for many years and have coached talent at the highest level of professional basketball to the highest collegiate level all the way to elementary school kids. I say that to say this . . . I've seen a LOT of coaches over the years. And Shane is a coach's coach. You can tell when someone is coaching because they are trying to make money and you can tell when someone is coaching because they have a love for people and a love to "help" people. Shane is a coach that you can just tell gets a thrill out of helping people. There is no better coach than that!

As far as golf instruction goes, I love Shane's approach because he has the ability to "teach" you how to be the best golfer you can be using "your" golf game. There's no better way to get results than doing that right there. Of course you have to practice and spend the time to get better, but he's not going to try to turn you into a method-induced golfer with a bazillion swing changes. He's going to use "your" game to improve "your" game.

MANY thanks Shane. I've never hit the 300-yard mark on my sim with a driver in my hand and in less than 20 minutes I hit one 301 and 299 twice. Now don't get giddy . . . I'm not promising he's going to deliver that kind of distance for you, however, I have had those types of shots in my game in the past and just haven't been able to see them in years with any consistency. I couldn't be more happy! Thanks again!

RickyG

Postby RickyG » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Took a lesson from Shanky today I have been having problems spraying the ball everywhere he did not try to change my swing but helped me by tweaking my grip a little and explained to me why I was spraying the ball after a few hours of practice today I am very happy with the changes and have a nice little fade in my swing that I use to play with a few years ago thank you very much for the lesson

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Great stuff, Rick. Shanky is the man.

Jwheels9876

Postby Jwheels9876 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Had my first lesson with Shanky this morning. Sent him a couple slo-mo videos a few days prior and he told me he knew just what was wrong and within 30 minutes he had me hitting the ball way better than I was just by fixing something in my backswing. Seems like he really enjoys helping people get better which is a great attribute for any teacher to have.

Now I just have to stick to the advice he gave me and not revert back to the old way... Exciting times and low scores ahead I hope.. Thanks again, Shane!

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:22 pm

The guys a genius. hope he doesnt leave us for Tiger Woods......lol
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 am

Very good coach. I'd like to take 50% credit for the advent of his facetime lesson and as soon as the snow melts (another 1/2ft fell last night sigh), I think I'll ask shane to do a lesson on the real range using facetime. Just a great guy and great teacher. I hit balls outside last week and it's crazy how much better I've gotten since I've been working with him. If you have patience and do not deviate too much from the plan you work out with shane, you will improve. I used to change what I worked on everytime I practiced, now I never do that.

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:20 am

WOW! Thanks you guys, great to know my small tips are making such a difference to your games.

Haha Rick, yes I'll give you some credit for the FaceTime lessons (maybe not 50% tho ;) ) they still amaze people at how well they work! Will look forward to a live session on the range if that snow ever goes!!

With the OGT night range and data sharing there really is no point struggling with your game!

Remember your first 1 hour live lesson with me will be at the intro rate of just £30

PM me here or email at shankywarren@hotmail.com to get booked in.

Thanks again guys and keep up the good work!
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:37 am

Follow up from my lessons in March: http://onlinegolftour.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=2992#p36878

After a couple of months of practice/play and getting the new swing dialed in, my game is coming together nicely. Last few weeks have been very good. Outside scores avg around 85, which included a 77 and a 79. Also, a NET victory in last week's Tobacco Road simulator tournament where I shot -1 gross. Very confident with my swing and my game at the moment. Can't thank Shanky enough. :)
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

stingreye

Postby stingreye » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Just wanted to bump this thread. I have been taking Live Online Golf Lessons with Shane Warren of ShankyGolf for about 2 months or so.

Shanky is a gifted instructor/coach. My in real life handicap has dropped from almost 20 down to a hair under 16 from May 1st until today. I hadn't broken 90 on my home course before and have now broken 90 five times in the last month.

I can't wait to see where things go!

If you haven't yet, sign up for his 1 hour introductory golf lesson that's less than the cost of a dozen golf balls, I would encourage you to give it a try.

Thanks

kubota

Postby kubota » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Wanted to chime in on my experience with Shane = Shankygolf. I'm in the midst of a 6 pack of lessons with him and the experience has been game changing for me. I had reached a point in my golf game where I was ready to just walk away. Golf wasn't fun and any local lessons I took only made me more confused and hesitant to play.

First, the technology just works. If you have a tablet w/Skype or Facetime it's as good as him being there. We are able to converse normally and he is able to view and diagnose my swing as if he was standing next to me. If you're worried about that part of it, don't be.

The real benefit however has been in Shane's ability to troubleshoot my swing. Right off the bat he identified a pretty significant flaw that was causing the majority of my headaches. More importantly, he broke it down in very easy to understand terms and gave me drills to work on. As the lessons have progressed, he continues to reinforce what I've learned while addressing other aspects of my game. Nobody ever showed me how to putt before!

So, bottomline is while my game is still not very good, I am definitely making good progress and excited to be playing again. The online lesson experience couldn't have gone any better for me and it's something I would recommend for anyone on this forum hoping to improve their game.

tesanh

Postby tesanh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:40 am

Shane is the man!
Took a couple of lessons with him via the discord video chat and have had improvements immediately!
It literally took him a couple of minutes of seeing me hit the ball and he made some suggestions that simply worked.
I guess it takes years of seeing hackers like me at the range to be able to do it that quickly but he certainly did. He didn't suggest sweeping changes either but just adjustments that I could easily work with. It is now down to me to make the changes stick!

I had improved consistency with the driver but perhaps the most 'striking' was the change to the quality of my iron play.

Thanks Shane!

Return to “Testimonials”