Shaping some shots with driver

Moderators: Zmax, Shankygolf

Shankygolf

Shaping some shots with driver

Postby Shankygolf » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi

here's today's video - hitting some different shapes with the driver and playing for position from the tee to give the best angle for the approach shot.

Enjoy -

https://youtu.be/ZCS8gytxStY

Thanks for watching.

Shane
I help people learn to love their golf swing!
In person, Online and LIVE online lessons available
http://www.shankygolf.co.uk
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

sliceapotomu

Re: Shaping some shots with driver

Postby sliceapotomu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Awsome amazing how you can shape your shot on command. Course mngmt information is so important and often forgotten when us hackers get out on the course...

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Fantastic control of a golf ball. Great tip on planning for your second by working out that approach angle too.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:45 pm

sliceapotomu wrote:Awsome amazing how you can shape your shot on command. Course mngmt information is so important and often forgotten when us hackers get out on the course...

Thanks guys, always focusses my mind better when I call the shot first. Always amazes me how many tour players can only hit one shape. I have to be able to hit all shots so I can demo to my students properly.

And yes so many people just blast it without thinking of best line in, where not to miss etc etc

Hopefully these videos will help some people play better golf and stuff like this is relevant for pc players too
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Nice video.

MrHogan

Postby MrHogan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:14 pm

I must admit i give little thought to the 2nd shot in, I typically blast it as hard as i can, unless its really obvious like a dog leg. I will try harder to think ahead!

Willymakit

Postby Willymakit » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Hey Shane here's a suggestion. Could you make a video on how the rest of us use the driver. Lol.

What would be interested is shots that when you "shank" like me or those slices or push slices or pulls that we could see the shot and then the data from hmt and maybe even a quick lesson what may have caused that. Yes I know there could be many variances on what is wrong. Would be nice to see the data behind the flight of the ball.

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Willymakit wrote:Hey Shane here's a suggestion. Could you make a video on how the rest of us use the driver. Lol.

What would be interested is shots that when you "shank" like me or those slices or push slices or pulls that we could see the shot and then the data from hmt and maybe even a quick lesson what may have caused that. Yes I know there could be many variances on what is wrong. Would be nice to see the data behind the flight of the ball.

OK maybe next time I'll try to take screen shots of the gc2/hmt data and add them to the youtube video.

I'm wary of including instructional content based around swings as like you say there are so many different things that can cause the fault & not something I want to get too deeply into, having said that I could just give the most common causes of such things like the shank along with a disclaimer that this may not be everyone's issue and if you want to find your root cause you're better off having a live lesson.

I appreciate your suggestion and will think about how best to do it.

You could always get ya money out and take advantage of my live lesson offer and get right down to the nitty gritty of it.......... ;)
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Willymakit

Postby Willymakit » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Shankygolf wrote:
Willymakit wrote:Hey Shane here's a suggestion. Could you make a video on how the rest of us use the driver. Lol.

OK maybe next time I'll try to take screen shots of the gc2/hmt data and add them to the youtube video.

I'm wary of including instructional content based around swings as like you say there are so many different things that can cause the fault & not something I want to get too deeply into, having said that I could just give the most common causes of such things like the shank along with a disclaimer that this may not be everyone's issue and if you want to find your root cause you're better off having a live lesson.

You could always get ya money out and take advantage of my live lesson offer and get right down to the nitty gritty of it.......... ;)

Would you do live lessons at 3 in the morning your time Lol.

I still haven't implemented or worked on the tips you given me last time. I might have spent an hour the past two weeks in the golf room. Working 14 hour days are wearing a guy down.

Shankygolf

Postby Shankygolf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Willymakit wrote:
Shankygolf wrote:

Would you do live lessons at 3 in the morning your time Lol.

I still haven't implemented or worked on the tips you given me last time. I might have spent an hour the past two weeks in the golf room. Working 14 hour days are wearing a guy down.

You bring the coffee and I'll be there!
GC2+HMT Sim player
UK - EST +5

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Epic control of the driver here. Just incredible.

Return to “PG Course Video Guides”