New Basement Build for Golf/Theater/Mancave

Tekbud

New Basement Build for Golf/Theater/Mancave

Postby Tekbud » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Wife and I are building a new house with the following layout (although will be reversed from this image - mirrored if you will.) Looking for some opinions and thoughts on it.

basement.JPG
basement.JPG (52.01 KiB) Viewed 105 times

I initially thought about using the room labeled future office or exercise room. The concrete wall at the bottom doesn't need to be there, I've seen a plan without it. So the room or "area" would be 17'2" plus roughly another 4' so 21'2" and the kitchnette doesn't have to be finished out so could be nice and wide there as well. Or could use the future lower den area however there is a door top right and windows on the right hand side i'm concerned with. Ceilings are about 10' high so they shoudln't be an issue. So many ways to skin this cat... Looking for some suggestions. Would love a bar area, and potentially a multipurpose are for theater or golf, or even both. What is the minimum size room needed for golf? Ahhh, so many questions. Thanks all.

Zmax

Re: New Basement Build for Golf/Theater/Mancave

Postby Zmax » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 am

tekbud basement.JPG
tekbud basement.JPG (72.29 KiB) Viewed 92 times
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Zmax wrote:tekbud basement.JPG

Close to what I was thinking @zmax after talking to my wife at length about this last night. However I think I will replace the seating with a bar of some kind and maybe small table/chairs. Then put another television in the den area with additional seating. Seems that may be best of both worlds and can still watch some tv while playing on the SIM. I have two projectors now, one in garage for SIM and one in theater area so nothing new to purchase there. Now the next part - screen and how to protect the screen. I want this to be very clean and classy looking versus my current setup. I also want widescreen versus my current 4x3. Thanks for your assistance.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

What do you mean by protect the screen? Since you have 2 projectors, put a nice pull down or motorized real theater screen(come down in front of TV) in the den and watch movies there. This way, you don't have to worry about protection of front and center speakers.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

Tekbud

Postby Tekbud » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Oops sorry I was multitasking. You're right, I don't need to protect this screen. What i do need to do is protect the walls and ceiling, some sort of cage or something to that effect that looks good and protects the walls.

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Tekbud wrote:Oops sorry I was multitasking. You're right, I don't need to protect this screen. What i do need to do is protect the walls and ceiling, some sort of cage or something to that effect that looks good and protects the walls.

Buy some drywall mud and ask for extra paint. I'd just make sure it's all wired correctly (power if you choose to do motorized screen) cause stuff will change and once your in the space you can then decide what added protection you might need.

All the "clean stuff" will happen at installation and that's going to be up to you as to what extent you want it "clean".
GC2 PDT

Return to “Simulator Pics/Enclosure/Flooring/Screen”