How are OGT tour handicaps calculated?

Moderator: Zmax

HoganWoods

How are OGT tour handicaps calculated?

Postby HoganWoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Read below.

HoganWoods

Re: How are OGT tour handicaps calculated?

Postby HoganWoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:31 pm

How does the handicap system work?
  • New Members begin in Q-School for a set number of rounds. The number of rounds is dependent on which Tour the member is part of. Once the minimum rounds has been reached by the new member, they are assigned a handicap.
  • When you complete a round, the system lowers blow up holes to a set standard depending on the current handicap of the player. This is called ESC and is used in USGA handicapping. This means you may of shot for example a 74, however, if you had a blowup hole your real total for handicap purposes might be lower.
  • If the player went way below his expected course handicap for that round, a handicap reduction penalty is applied to the handicap value of the round. (PG Simulator Tour only)
  • To calculate your handicap value for any given round we use the slope and rating of the course played. If you are playing on the PG Simulator Tour, the slope and rating changes each round depending on the overall settings. This assures a more accurate handicap value.
  • We calculate the handicap value for your last 20 rounds on most tours, and for the last 16 rounds on the PG Simulator Tour. Depending on how many rounds the player has played so far on Tour, we use a certain amount of the BEST handicap valued rounds to average out a Tour handicap. For example, new players with only 4 rounds on Tour, we use the best 2 round handicap values to determine the overall handicap. For senior Tour members with the full 20 or 16 rounds on Tour, we use 10 and 8 of the best handicap valued rounds, respectfully.
  • You can see which rounds are used for your handicap calculation in your player profile under Round History.
  • If a player is inactive for a period of 21 days or longer, they must COMPLETE their next tour event with a handicap penalty of 5 strokes per round, up to the minimum handicap of the Tour.

More details to follow as needed.

4Left

Postby 4Left » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Is there any way that the tours will use handicaps?

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Yes, if there's a demand for it.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

leoapd

Postby leoapd » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 pm

My sim is just about up and done, and just waiting for PÇ to get back to me, but had a question on OGT HCP. I get Q School establishes my initial hcp for tour play, but is Q School any initial full 8 rounds I play, or is it those specified in tour schedule? I see four listed as Q school qualifiers at specific courses.

JohnMeyer

Postby JohnMeyer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:29 am

Regards the Simulator Tour:

You cannot play any "tour events" until you have completed the 8 rounds that are the 4 Q School Tournaments.

Q School tournaments have been setup specifically to allow a more accurate initial handicap to prevent players coming into regular tour events with incorrect handicaps.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

leoapd

Postby leoapd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks.

Return to “FAQ”