How to Stream/Record your rounds for upload to Twitch as required by OGT Optishot Tour Guidelines

Moderators: JohnMeyer, tb_tyler, braycobb

JohnMeyer

How to Stream/Record your rounds for upload to Twitch as required by OGT Optishot Tour Guidelines

Postby JohnMeyer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 pm

How to Stream/Record your rounds for upload to Twitch as required by Tour Guidelines

In accordance with Optishot Tour Guidelines it is highly recommended that you record and upload all tournament rounds so they can be verified for the correct use of clubset settings and other guidelines

The simplest and easiest way to do this is to stream your rounds live to Twitch. This has the added benefit of letting other players watch your rounds live, as well as providing a backup recording of your round that can be watched later by anyone wishing to verify your round

Step 1

Setup a Twitch Account at http://www.twitch.tv/

Twitch Account Settings

1. Once you have created your account navigate to the Twitch Homepage of not already there by clicking the Twitch logo in the top left of the screen
2. On the Homepage in the top right of the page you should see your username with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and select settings
3. Select the Channel and Videos Tab and check mark the box next to Automatically Archive my Broadcasts
4. This will ensure that when you stream your rounds they are automatically saved to your Twitch channel for review if no one watches your round live.
5. Remeber how to get to your settings page as you will need it later in this guide to retreive your Stream Key

Step 2

Download and install the OBS streaming software from obsproject.com/download

Step 3

OBS Basic Settings -

OBS MUST BE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY

1. Start the OBS software by using Right Click, then Run as Admnistrator. (Alternatively edit the shortcut properties to do this every time)
2. Start the Optishot Software

3. Once the Optishot Software is at the Main Menu press ALT - TAB to minimize Optishot and return to the OBS Software

4. Right Click on the Source box, select Add, and Select Game Capture

5. The Enter Name Box will appear, enter the name Optishot and Click OK

6. The Game Capture Window will appear. Use the drop down box to select your Optishot and Click OK

7. You will now return to the main menu screen and see Optishot is in your Sources Box. Put a check mark in the box next to Optishot to select it as your source.

Step 4

Stream/Recording settings - Upload speed higher than 1.2Mb/s

The following settings are for players who have an upload speed of greater than 1.2MB/s. To check you speed please use a service such as http://www.speedtest.net in order to verify it. If lower than 1.2MB/s please skip this Step and go to Step 5

1. Click on the Settings Button on the Main Menu and make the following changes to each of the sections. If any setting is not covered please leave it as the default setting and do not change it.

General

In the Setting Profile Tab enter the Name Optishot Twitch and click Add

Encoding

Video Encoding - Ensure Max Bitrate is set to 1000

Audio Encoding - Set Bitrate to 80, Format to 44.1khz

Broadcast setting - VERY IMPORTANT

Mode - Live Stream=

Streaming Service - Twitch

Server - Pick the server that is closest in location to you

Play Path/Stream Key - To get this log in to your Twitch Account, and then after logging in return to the Twitch Home page by clicking the Twitch logo in the top right. In the top left of the home page you will see your username and a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow and select Dashboard. Click on Streaming Key, then Show Key. Copy and paste this Key into the Play Path/Stream Key box on the OBS software

Auto reconnect- Check mark for yes

Auto reconnect timeout - 10

Video

Base Resolution - Should be the same as the resolution the Optishot programme is running at

Resolution Downscale - This will depend on your PC specs, start at 2.5x and try a different setting later if you are unhappy with the quality/file size of your videos

Advanced

Keyframe Interval - 2

Click on Apply and then OK

You are now ready to Stream to Twitch and as we already setup at step 1, any stream will also automatically be saved to your channel so it can be viewed any time

Step 5

Stream/Recording settings - Upload speed lower than 1.2Mb/s

The following settings are for players who have an upload speed of less than 1.2MB/s. The settings are very similar to those at Step 4 but will result in a reduction of quality and file size to make streaming/uploading possible at lower speeds. During testing a successful upload was completed at and upload speed of 0.2Mb/s, with no frames lost

1. Click on the Settings Button on the Main Menu and make the following changes to each of the sections. If any setting is not covered please leave it as the default setting and do not change it.

General

In the Setting Profile Tab enter the Name Optishot Twitch and click Add

Encoding

Use CBR - Remove the check mark from this box

Quality Balance - Set to 5

Video Encoding - Ensure Max Bitrate is set to 700

Audio Encoding - Set Channel to Mono, Set Bitrate to 32, Format to 44.1khz

Broadcast setting - VERY IMPORTANT

Mode - Live Stream=

Streaming Service - Twitch

Server - Pick the server that is closest in location to you

Play Path/Stream Key - To get this log in to your Twitch Account, and then after logging in return to the Twitch Home page by clicking the Twitch logo in the top right. In the top left of the home page you will see your username and a down arrow next to it. Click on the down arrow and select Dashboard. Click on Streaming Key, then Show Key. Copy and paste this Key into the Play Path/Stream Key box on the OBS software

Auto reconnect- Check mark for yes

Auto reconnect timeout - 10

Minimize Network Disruption - Place a checkmark in this box

Video

Base Resolution - Should be the same as the resolution the Optishot programme is running at

Resolution Downscale - This will depend on your PC Specs and your Base Resolution, in testin Optishot was running at its native resolution of 1024 x 768 and Downscaling set to 2.5 to give a rendered video at 408 x 306. This resolution streamed succesfully at 0.2Mb/s Upload speeds, with a quality more than adequate for verification on Twitch. It also resulted in files sizes equivalent to 1MB/minute of recorded video

Advanced

Keyframe Interval - 2

Step 6

1.If after trying all the above setting you are still unable to upload/stream directly to twitch, then using whichever Video Settings you find give the best performance, instead of Streaming you can just record to your own PC and upload at a later date to Youtube.

2. The settings at Step 5 give a file size of 1Mb/ minute, so with a usual round last between 45 mins and a hour it shouldnt take too long to upload. This MUST be done within 24 hours of completing your round.

Click on Apply and then OK

You are now ready to Stream to Twitch and as we already setup at step 1, any stream will also automatically be saved to your channel so it can be viewed any time

Video Stream Procedure- This MUST be done for EVERY Tournament Round

Every time you play a Tournament Round you must stream it to your Twitch Channel. To do this

1. Open Optishot, Login to Optishot Live, and Join you Tournament Game

2. ONLY once the game has loaded and you are on the 1st Tee - ALT TAB and open OBS Software

3. Click Start Streaming in the OBS Main Menu (Start Recording if you are unable to Stream)

4 ALT - TAB back into Optishot. IF you have OBS open on a separate screen to your Optishot Game you will be able to see a preview of your stream and also your upload rate in the bottom right hand corner.

5. BEFORE TAKING YOUR FIRST TEE SHOT YOU MUST SHOW YOUR BALL SETTING, AND ALL CLUBSET SETTINGS so they can be verified. THIS IS ESSENTIAL

6. Once you have completed your round and ALT - TAB back out of Optishot and click Stop Streaming in the OBS Main Menu

7. You should now have an uploaded video of your complete round, also showing ball and Clubset settings saved in your Twitch Channel, which can be verified at any time by the Board and other players as required by OGT Tour Guidelines

8. If you Recorded your round as unable to Stream you MUST UPLOAD your video to Youtube etc within 24 hours

9. Once you have confirmed your video is uploaded please post a link to your Round in the relevant Tournament thread on these Forums, allowing other players and The Board to verify your Round.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

walte1fr

Re: How to Stream/Record your rounds for upload to Twitch as required by OGT Optishot Tour Guidelines

Postby walte1fr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:07 pm

I have about a 1/mb upload speed. Is it required to always post a video for the tournaments?

braycobb

Re: How to Stream/Record your rounds for upload to Twitch as required by OGT Optishot Tour Guidelines

Postby braycobb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:19 pm

It is only a requirement to post videos for the "Pro" tournaments. For the "Regular" tour, videos are not required but should be made, kept and available if needed to verify any settings.

walte1fr

Postby walte1fr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:58 pm

thank you

Rgallant

Postby Rgallant » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm

For some reason OBS is lagging my Optishot I tried play using OBS with my Optishot online and off line it slows down Optishot big time I tried both streaming to twitch and recoding it to my hard drive and still no joy.

Any suggestions or is there another recoding software I could try.

Rod

tb_tyler

Postby tb_tyler » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:30 am

Rgallant wrote:For some reason OBS is lagging my Optishot I tried play using OBS with my Optishot online and off line it slows down Optishot big time I tried both streaming to twitch and recoding it to my hard drive and still no joy.

Rod

Before when I had problems with OBS I started using CamStudio and it worked great. Went from so much lag I couldn't play to a very smooth gameplay.
OptiShot 2.0 CST

Rgallant

Postby Rgallant » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 pm

tb_tyler wrote:
Rgallant wrote:For some reason OBS is lagging my Optishot I tried play using OBS with my Optishot online and off line it slows down Optishot big time I tried both streaming to twitch and recoding it to my hard drive and still no joy.

Rod

Before when I had problems with OBS I started using CamStudio and it worked great. Went from so much lag I couldn't play to a very smooth gameplay.

TB,

what are you settings that you are using. I just downloaded that software and I'm going to get it a try

tb_tyler

Postby tb_tyler » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:40 pm

I can't remember. I'm actually back to using OBS now since I upgraded the machine that I run Optishot on.
OptiShot 2.0 CST

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:10 pm

StorminDunes wrote:Braycobb:

Thanks, understood. I tried recording/stream on my first round for Swedish 1.It said I had one minor problem. Apparently laptops have two video cards one for game use and one for computer. When I was setting up my twitch account,I used optimize at the end because it wanted to use x264 encoder I think it was called. I am using Nvidia and intel. Do you have any help on this topic or should I post on another thread ?

Thanks Norm

P>S> When I was playing my screen was pretty choppy. I did do the upload test and followed directions. Are choppy graphics normal?

Cheers!!!

What laptop are you using? What streaming program are you using?

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello All:

I am a new member having difficulties connecting the stream to twitch. It looks like I am recording and saving files on my PC but unable to connect for streaming. I get an error windows saying could not access the specified channel or stream key.Should I try to reset the stream key? Also do I need to connect to u tube or something else? Thanks in advance.

Regards Norm

P.S. I am using a laptop with wifi

Cheers!!

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Disregard last post. I think I got it now.

Cheers Norm.

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Braycobb:

I am using a DEll Inspiron. It is about three years old. I have all updated drivers. I am using twitch and OBS software. I am now able to stream. I will post how my graphics are after round 2.

Thanks Norm

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 pm

StorminDunes wrote:Braycobb:

I am using a DEll Inspiron. It is about three years old. I have all updated drivers. I am using twitch and OBS software. I am now able to stream. I will post how my graphics are after round 2.

Thanks Norm

Video looks good Norm. I was watching some of your stream during holes 13, 14, 15.

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 am

Braycobb:

Excellent. I see I have 4 videos of that round. Maybe wifi was going in and out. To be honest I am not very good with tech stuff and could use some help getting them in to tournament videos thread.

Have a good weekend!!

Thanks Norm

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:14 am

No worries. Just go to your Twitch account, select the video and then copy the link from your browser. Post those links in the Video thread. Here they are:

Round 2, Part 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/stormindunes/v/50981525

Round 2, Part 2:
http://www.twitch.tv/stormindunes/v/50992045

Round 2, Part 3:
http://www.twitch.tv/stormindunes/v/50992849

Round 2, Part 4:
http://www.twitch.tv/stormindunes/v/51000868

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:20 am

Braycobb:

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.I will try to figure it out for next round, but may need your help again!! LOL

Take Care,

Norm

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Glad to help!

Return to “OGT Optishot Tour”