OGT Ladder on PGA Tour (INSTRUCTIONS and RULES)

Moderators: HeNs, wildwil7, Jampaxed, Vader, TheOtherRick, sliceapotomu

sliceapotomu

OGT Ladder on PGA Tour (INSTRUCTIONS and RULES)

Postby sliceapotomu » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:45 pm

New Ladder For OGT PGA Tour Members

All members of the PGA Tour (PC) can play on OGT Ladder

Ladder Standings Page (for reporting losses):
http://onlinegolftour.net/simulation/tour-ladder-standings.html?id=10035

All players must agree and know before match starts that a ladder match is taking place ( Please do not assume that multiplayer matches are default ladder matches. They are not!!!!)

How to play:
  • Create a lobby game and call it OGT Ladder Match. Allow OGT Ladder Tour players to join or invite them to your game. Once match is over, loser must login to OGT and go report the loss to the winner at the OGT Ladder Standings page: http://onlinegolftour.net/simulation/tour-ladder-standings.html?id=10035
  • Join an OGT Ladder match from the lobby. Once match is over, follow same instructions as above.
  • Participate in daily/nightly OGT KO (knock out) single elimination events. See OGT forum Ladder Tour section for KO announcements and sign up info.
  • You can play your tour rounds as a ladder match. Join a tour round or invite an OGT ladder tour player to your tour round. Once round is finished, loser must report loss at Ladder Standings page. All players must agree to make the tour round a ladder match

Ladder Match Tie Breaker (to keep nightly knock out tournaments moving along at a respectable pace)

In the Event of a tie In ladder tournaments, if there is still a tie after 3 extra holes, The person who was closest to the pin in the least amount of strokes on the third and final hole wins match.
example: If the 3rd hole was a par 5 and no one reached the green in two the person closest to the pin on the 3rd shot will get the win.(must be on the green)
This means if you make it to the third hole in match play extra holes pay attention to your approach shots and the number of strokes it took to get to green.

HOW TO REPORT LOSSES:

You can report your loss as either Individual Ladder Match, or Team Ladder Match, or both. Reporting a loss for a Team Ladder match will give winners wins in the Team Ladder Standings ONLY. It will not give winners wins in the Individual Ladder Standings. You will still need to report to all winning individuals if you also choose to play your team matches as Individual Ladder matches also.

Individual Ladder Match Reporting:
Used for when you want to report a loss to another player from a 1 vs 1, stroke, skins, and alt-shot match, scramble, greensomes, etc... To report losses to other players from a skins or alt shot match, you must report to each player one at a time.

From Ladder PAGE, click on Report a Loss.

In the Winner box for team 1 - Player 1, add one winner ONLY. Then click on Report Loss at the bottom.

Team Match Loss Reporting:
This feature is optional and it's completely separate from the Individual Standings. Used for reporting losses for any team matches. Team matches are the following: 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 4 vs 4. Modes can be stroke, skins, alt shot, scramble, greensomes, etc...

NOTE: You must only report to 1 winning team at a time. i.e. you played in a 3 team match, the losing team must report to one winning team first. Then they must report again to the other winning team. Only one player from the losing team needs to do the reporting.

NOTE 2: In Loser boxes, add your partner to the 2nd Player box. In the Winners Boxes, add ONLY the two winners you're reporting to.

Ladder rules

OGT's Ladder exists to provide it's users a competitive gaming atmosphere as well as a friendly online community. All players are expected to carry themselves as professionals and hold all other members in this community with the utmost respect. When competing in tournaments, refrain from using any offensive language or behavior. Always give OGT ladder Staff Members the benefit of the doubt and know that their decisions and rulings are not open for debate. In general, and most important of all, be honest and fair in all that you do and have fun while doing so.

General Playing Guidelines

Hardware configuration and reliability is the player's responsibility. If a match is being severely delayed due to a player's bad connection or computer problems, the Tournament Staff reserves the right to disqualify that player. Be sure to test out all of your hardware equipment before the tournament so that you are ready to compete on time.

Obtain a strong understanding of both the game and the platform on which it is played. The players are responsible for familiarizing themselves with both the game being played, as well as the platform on which it is played. If there are any problems or questions regarding the platform, they must be settled between the player and the Tournament Director OGT Admin.

Specific Playing Guidelines

Specific tournament rules will vary for each tournament depending on Ladder, League, or format. A complete list of rules for each tournament can be viewed by. Contact the hosting Tournament Director for any questions regarding a scheduled tournament.

UNREPORTED Matches

Failure to report your loss in a timely manner after completion of match will result in removal from ladder tour

Please Note:

* Faking an unreported, or a real match is a serious offense. You will be removed from the ladder if you do so.
*If you're in-active for every 20 days, your ladder rating will be reduced by 15 points for each instance. This will be retroactive to the beginning of time. Points reduction will start on 12/17/16.
Last edited by sliceapotomu on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zmax

Re: New OGT Ladder Tour (under construction)

Postby Zmax » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Should also add that we will have daily/nightly KO ladder events also. How often we do this will depend on the availability of admins. KO events allow players to quickly rack up wins.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:35 am

3on3 will also work fine.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 pm

It would be nice to get an admin to commit to a specific day to run a tourney so we can advertise ahead of time. I would be available to do 1 or two afternoon tournies and maybe a saturday afternoon tourney. I would also be able to do a sunday evening. Event. If any 1 knows a worthy individual that isn't. An admin and would like to be a tourney director please pass tha name along to vance. It would be nice to have an afternoon tourney and evening tourney every day, but that would be down the road and need many more people to run these ladder events.

Vader

Postby Vader » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:24 am

Not an Admin, but I suggest OGT will need as a minimum of 4 Ladder Tournament Directors and two Admins. Two Directors 4 days and two Directors 4 nights. Ladder admins should be available to TD's. That is why a minimum of two. TD's and/or Admins can alternate and or fill in as needed. There should be no limit on the number of tournament Directors your OGT ladder has. More is better. Burnout for TD's is very high when only a small Group is running the KO Tournaments. Tournament Directors should never be confused with Ladder admins. Ladder Admins are the heavy artillery only called on to settle a dispute the TD can't settle. SJude, Hens, WildWill, Jammer, JTee and Chaz were all involved with My league Ladders at the former Caddyshack as TD's or some other capacity. So you already have experienced Tournament Directors, Head Tournament Directors within your OGT members. You also have a great and very experienced Ladder Admin in Wildwill7.

So the people resources are already in house at OGT. Being a TD is fun. They decide the tournament format.

I'd suggest running a daily/nightly KO tournament every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Let tournament demand dictate the schedule once it is going. Adding KO tournament is positive. Subtracting KO tournaments is bad. Starting small is better.

I know starting at 7 pm eastern sounds early but remember KO tournaments can run to 11 or 12 pm eastern with a group of 16 players. So keep that in mind.

Lastly advertise, advertise, and advertise some more. And have rock solid rules written down on the KO Tournament site. Your TD's have the final say on a tournament they run. Admins are there to back up their TD's when needed.

(This message brought to you by Vadervision.) :D

I omitted my name as I do not want the Job.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:47 am

Thanks for the info Vader. Looks like I'll be talking to Wildwill7 soon. :D

We're looking to start testing sometime next week.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

Vader

Re: New OGT Ladder Tour (beta testing next week)

Postby Vader » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:34 am

sliceapotomu wrote:Denny, you sure you don't want the job???? You hit the nail on the head with your post.. Maybe you could help out just running one night.

Already ask and agreed to help. You really need WildWill7 because he was the ladder admin at the Caddyshack. All the experience I have is as a Tournament Director.

Not sure how OGT's ELO system differs from My League Ladder. With My League Ladder (Cases Ladder) each Tournament automatically updated the standing once the Tournament Director finished the tournament.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:32 am

The ELO system is nearly the same but the KO tournament part will different for admins. It will require some manual work for admins since this part is not fully built in yet.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

HoganWoods

Postby HoganWoods » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:27 am

The elo system is standard, with the exception of the k factor which was changed to match what you guys are playing now.

The way teamplay is calculated is an avg elo of each team regardless of how many players. I think it will work well. We can make any changes needed, this is for you guys.

Affo01

Postby Affo01 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:02 am

Nice work guys....see you've found challonge.com then, works really well.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Looks fantatsic Can't wait for this to be automatic so you can set it and go live a little..lol

Zmax

Re: New OGT Ladder Tour (BETA)

Postby Zmax » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:36 am

Currently beta testing.

OP now includes how to post losses, rules, and sign up info.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

Vader

Postby Vader » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 am

Awesome I'm Ready To Rock and Roll.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Team Ladder Standings

Join now and be included in the fun. :)

http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.net/tour-ladder-standings.html?id=10035

GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

Zmax

Re: New OGT Ladder Tour (INSTRUCTIONS and RULES)

Postby Zmax » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm

If you're in-active for every 20 days, your ladder rating will be reduced by 15 points for each instance. This will be retroactive to the beginning of time. Points reduction will start on 12/17/16.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

Zmax

Re: OGT Ladder on PGA Tour (INSTRUCTIONS and RULES)

Postby Zmax » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 am

Instructions Updated
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:

Sim pc:

Return to “JNPG OGT Ladder Play”