Bracketed Handicapped Monthly Match Play Single Elimination Stroke Event

Moderators: HeNs, Vader, TheOtherRick, SJUDE, wildwil7, Jampaxed, sliceapotomu

Zmax

Bracketed Handicapped Monthly Match Play Single Elimination Stroke Event

Postby Zmax » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:56 am

OGT Monthly Match Play(stroke) Bracketed Ladder Tournament
match play.jpg
match play.jpg (81.66 KiB) Viewed 788 times

Each month we will be running a Bracketed single elimination tournament through the API. Tour Pro, Pro, and Amateur Levels will be supported. Each round will be available to play for 4 days(96 hours).

We will be using a 64 player bracket to start. Field will be determined by World Golf Ranking ( if a player becomes inactive and does not Participate they will not be invited to future Bracket play events unless they contact sjude or sliceapotomu for re-entry)

Because this Is run through the API you can play this tournament with a friend, by yourself, or with your actual opponent.

No registration needed. Admins will invite top 64 Players to the event , and the tournament will show up in the private tournament tab in the game.
If you are not in the top 64 or do not want to be included in this tournament please contact an admin, and/or post a reply here in this topic.

This Event will be using your PGA Tour handicap. Admins will be moving winning players(based on Net Leader Board) on to next bracket as well as posting the winner to The OGT ladder. * Note - Ladder posts will not be awarded because of forfeits or no shows, you must earn your ladder points. December event we are trying a progressive handicap to allow people to play at their desired level. am = 100% // pro = 75% // Tour Pro = 50 %

Winner of the tournament will receive a Customized Trophy in their OGT trophy case.

We will be using the challonge website for bracket hosting. Each tournament will have a live bracket as pictured below for the duration of that round. You may need to scroll down to find your name on live brackets.

chall instruct.jpg
chall instruct.jpg (65.82 KiB) Viewed 790 times

Match play solo expl
match play solo explained.jpg
match play solo explained.jpg (122.27 KiB) Viewed 329 times
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

sliceapotomu

Re: Handicapped Monthly Match Play Single Elimination Stroke Event

Postby sliceapotomu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:50 am

We will be posting The December bracket match ups shortly. for this month we Thought we'd Tweak the setup a bit to get added interest based on the feedback received by some. we will see what everyone thinks and adjust if needed for January.

Changes for this month will include a progressive handicap based on level: Amateur-100 % // Pro - 75 % // Tour Pro - 50%

Field will be top 64 in wgr but we will shuffle match up's so guys aren't playing same guys in the first round each month.

Also we are thinking of using actual match play scoring instead of stroke for January....

sliceapotomu

Re: Bracketed Handicapped Monthly Match Play Single Elimination Stroke Event

Postby sliceapotomu » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:58 pm

This will be a true match play bracket for February.... also 1 level to allow this to happen.

For this month's bracket, we are introducing OGT Match Play Solo. Because this Is run through the API you can play this tournament with a friend, by yourself, or with your actual opponent. Round is played as stroke in the game but will be scored as match play on OGT leaderboard. When first scores come on OGT leaderboard, they show as question marks. As opponent plays their round, scores will be revealed. Please play all 18 holes.

Handicaps are set per match using low man.

Example: You are a -10 and I'm a zero.
Per this months rule, match handicap = difference of both players X 50%.
10 X 50% = 5
Low man is you, so you become a zero and I become a 5 on the leaderboard. meaning I get 1 stroke on the 5 of the hardest holes (index 1-5)

So, if you score a 4 on index 1 and I score a 5, my 5 is effectively a 4 so we tied on index 1. The winner of the hole gets a blue circle on the scorecard.

clubcaptain

Postby clubcaptain » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:01 pm

In round 2 of the June comp I was all square with my opponent but I didn't advance so what is the breaker in an all square match please.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Scorecard countback // hardest indexed hole 1st // yours was 18th that sealed the deal..... see sjudes well detailed post for more info

http://onlinegolftour.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3981

Return to “JNPG OGT Ladder - Bracket Match Play”