New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Moderator: JohnMeyer

User avatar
psgolfer
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby psgolfer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:02 pm

sliceapotomu wrote:I agree 100 % The off center puts that are still entirely in the hole are lipping out at times .... just not right...


Slice, you need to jump on the sim train, better than buying a boat, the hole just goes deeper and deeper!!!
GC2 PDT

User avatar
sliceapotomu
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 pm
Location: rhode island
Contact:

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby sliceapotomu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 pm

psgolfer wrote:
sliceapotomu wrote:I agree 100 % The off center puts that are still entirely in the hole are lipping out at times .... just not right...


Slice, you need to jump on the sim train, better than buying a boat, the hole just goes deeper and deeper!!!


lmao I dont have the room but 2 other sim players have extended me an invite and i can assure you I will be taking them up on it soon
Image

User avatar
JohnMeyer
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm
Location: United Kingdom EST+5

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Just to update Current major issues and requests for me are:

Cup Physics - Still not right due to lipouts etc.

Unplayable lie- we need this option. Its a real option in golf, the button exists, the procedure exists (lateral hazard drop), just need the button to be able to call the procedure. would be brilliant as would even allow guys to check out their options, and if no drop option suitable, then can still play as it lies.

Back spinning chips from below green height. - Still getting these, primarily from bunkers, but also from the rough. Our current band aid does a good job for the most part but still isnt quite right.

BLI Numerical value - would help immensely for pin checking and save so much time. Currently length of "line" indicates direction and severity. If the numerical value in degrees that line shows could be shown, ie 3deg, 4deg etc, as it is in Course Forge, would then just have to BLI around each pin and only pick the ones that are 3deg or less, would save at least an hour of work. Could only be active in "practice mode" as prob be more of hindrance in game play. COuld even be a check box activate setting like "Show All Pins" etc

Out of bounds indication on overhead view - I appreciate due to the way the minimap works this is probable not easy, and would prob require some change to CF, but for future builds it something I think most players want
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

User avatar
rbarthle17
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby rbarthle17 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Left handed avatars. For the love of Aeroburner, please do this. :lol:
USA Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5)
Intel core i7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (playing PG at Ultra High settings)

Trip
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby Trip » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Thinman wrote:I would like to be able to recall the Post Shot screen after it has either been timer or manually acknowledged. 99% or the time, I want it set to a minimal display time, especially when playing against a recorded round. However, as a result, I rarely get the mouse on the save shot button in time.


This is a big one for me. And it should be so easy to do.

User avatar
Thinman
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby Thinman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 pm

For team play, the ability to review each ball prior to selection. IE, a button to cycle through each of your partners ball(s) during selection.

Also, need to move the selection window out of the middle of the screen.

User avatar
Tekbud
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Alabama USA

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby Tekbud » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am

When scrolling through views using C it would be great to have a ball camera view that looks more upwards to identify tree height or overhanging limbs in front of you. Would also be helpful when your ball lands in or just past a bush etc.

When playing the night practice range, stop the camera from rotating for shots that travel over 200.

Have the ability to play with others recorded rounds during OGT tournaments.

For out of bounds on the overhead I believe a soft nearly transparent line or texture between stakes would be all that's needed.

jcolton31
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:30 am

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby jcolton31 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Ability to set wind to zero for the driving range (instead of just calm), or better yet set the specific wind speed and direction (I think this exists in practice mode?)

Ability to retroactively change club selection post round in the club/shot data. A useful tool but only if you stay on top of it hole-by-hole while you're playing (I often ignore)

Track apex height, approach angle and offline distance of carry in addition to the other stats already captured. Explore plotting shots graphically from range sessions similar to Trackman. This will help in fitting and testing.

Be able to drill down shot by shot information on OGT combined.

jcolton31
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:30 am

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby jcolton31 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am

Shot Maps!

https://imgur.com/a/NhgLf

Was thinking about this last night...would something like this be possible on OGT? Imagine how cool it would be to see distribution of tee shots, especially if you could hover over a dot and see specific shot information.

antony
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby antony » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:37 pm

- Shot tracer on the mini map (the following cam is nice but spins around at the end you have no idea how exactly your shot shaped)
- Also combinded with the first point: Aim line on mini map before and during a shot (for the same reason)
- F3 should zoom to the selected point on the mini map (not to some weird distance based on club selection!?)
- NO club selection... why do I need that in sim (for statistics? ok makes sense. For zoom down the fairway: No)
- AUTO putt in non tournament rounds (and I mean automatically!)
- Recall of the after shot screen (for saving shots, gimmies, mulligans, etc...)
- In round practice mode (extremly nice to practice shots to real greens, so much better than the driving range)
- Elevation or boost feature for non tournament rounds
- Fade out the mouse pointer after a second or so!

Right now it feels more like an acarde game or ... well like a game, and not like a professional simulation which you could use on a professional level (not that I am in that group :roll: )!

I think that all of the points above are minor things to fix and would improve sim play drastically. And sadly E6 does all those thing very well (thats were practically all of the above ideas stem from).

User avatar
JohnMeyer
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm
Location: United Kingdom EST+5

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby JohnMeyer » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:09 am

antony wrote:- Shot tracer on the mini map (the following cam is nice but spins around at the end you have no idea how exactly your shot shaped)
- Also combinded with the first point: Aim line on mini map before and during a shot (for the same reason)


Weve asked for this previously, not currently possible but hopefully something that can be added within the upcoming PG2?


F3 should zoom to the selected point on the mini map (not to some weird distance based on club selection!?)


This will depend on the difficulty setting for your player. If you set your player to "Amateur" as recommended in the Tour forums then it will function as you said. The fact it doesnt do it in Tour and Tour Pro modes is to add a level of difficulty for mouse players, ie that have to aim in the main view. Setting to amateur for sim players means they can aim in the top view and the F3 views, and the aim point "sticks", so a change of aim in the mini map will then stick and pressing f3 will travel along that aim point.

- NO club selection... why do I need that in sim (for statistics? ok makes sense. For zoom down the fairway: No)


Not sure what you mean in terms of the zoom down the fairway, and as you say, its used only for stat gathering if you wish to use OGTs shot data stats.

- AUTO putt in non tournament rounds (and I mean automatically!)


Auto putt is pretty much already there, gimmes can be set to 8ft, and its only a matter of a single click of the "flag" icon in the bottom right to do an auto putt, (and I mean only a single mouse click!! :) )

- Recall of the after shot screen (for saving shots, gimmies, mulligans, etc...)


I see your point here, although a solution is to either set the post shot time out screen to a longer period ( I gather you dont wish to be clicking a mouse too often from point 5), to give you time to click your save shot etc, or can even be set to manual, so will stay until you click continue. Again will add more of those pesky mouse clicks though

- In round practice mode (extremly nice to practice shots to real greens, so much better than the driving range)


Already in game, in round setup screen change from "Stroke" to "Practice". Will then be able to move ball using the lower left "ball" icon and then replay shot from that location continuosly, untill you either manually click continue ( I know more, more damn clicking), or you move the ball again

- Elevation or boost feature for non tournament rounds


OGT Interface already provides this feature. In game interface would have no way to know what was tour round or not currently, so use of OGT Interface will give you this functionality.

- Fade out the mouse pointer after a second or so!


9. Not sure how youre screens are setup but could you not just drag it out to the side of the screen. Should be possible to add a fade out though I would think.




In terms of it feeling like an arcade game, personally think that is a ridiculous conclusion, especially as the vast majority of the points you raise as requiring improvement are to make the game "more arcadey", ie you want to be able to aim and look down fairways using points picked from the sky, have auto putting, and boost your clubs. Surely if "simulation" is what your after those points will only make it more like a game, and less like real life.

The only was E6 is more realistic is it costs $250 to play a round of golf at the courses they put out just like it would in real life :)
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

antony
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby antony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:35 am

@JM

First of all: Thank you a lot for taking the time to go through my list :D that was very helpful!
Especially the thing with the aming with F3 and the in round practise mode!

As you have figured out pretty fast, for me all interaction with the software breaks the simulation feeling. In the extrem that would mean I would not need any of the features I asked for. I could aim in real live, put out, never take a mulligan/save a shot, etc... No interaction needed :)

But aiming in real live does not work great with Skytrak (especially while putting; I read that while putting any side spin/angles are even ignored!). Putting does not work well in my setup and I am not interested in simulation putting anyways.

I think I used the wrong word: simulation. What I mean is effective and somewhat immersive (= for me: no interaction with the software) training. I want to work on precise shots into the fairways/greens and move on. I want to see exactly where my ball started in relation to my aiming point and how much my ball curved (shot tracer on mini map). I also want to see the Spin rate and side spin/angle on the after shot display.
You were right: That is all being further away from simulation but much more efficient in terms of a professional device to actual get better and train effectivley.

And if there is a button to let the computer auto put for you (!= simulation) why not an option to always do this during a round?

And boost: The OGT interface for GC2 has a boost feature (is what i heard). For Skytrak there is no such thing :( ... Did JNPG develop that interface or was it Skytrak/SkyGolf? I could ask them to fix this than :)

Last point: For the software it should totally be possible to know if it is a tournament round or not. Any esport event works this way: A game is setup on a computer/server and the options (= tournament mode) is selected by the admin. There is no reason that would not work for OGT?
And how does this work in correlation to the boost in the GC2 OGT interface? That needs to be disabled for a tournament round too, right? Otherwise that would be totally unfair :|

Thanks again,
Antony

User avatar
JohnMeyer
Posts: 3370
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm
Location: United Kingdom EST+5

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby JohnMeyer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 am

I assume youve got the full tracer option turned on in game, rather than comet? Will need to set main camera to Player, and then Ball Tracer to full

That gives the "Pro Tracer" like view that you see on TV.

Also in terms of aiming I don't see why you should NEED to aim in game with mouse when playing a full shot for the vast majority of shots, can just aim in real life, ie club face and alignment direction?

Just to clarify on the boost thing, it is not possible to play any OGT Tour event with any form of Boost enabled.

In terms of in game boost, its simply not in the game as such for any device, so PP have in effect restricted any form of boost for any device in game simply by not adding it as an option.

At OGT we recognised that for certain situations, in purely a "practice" environment, and especially when playing with your kids etc, there could be a need for a boost option, but as you rightly pointed out none of it works in any OGT Competition.

You can be safe in knowing that when playing on the OGT Simualtion Tour, every player is playing with no boost, at centrally set conditions, so the wind, stimp, and all course parameters are the same for EVERYONE, making it a true competition not open to players making their own interpretations of what the conditions should be.
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

User avatar
Zmax
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby Zmax » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:54 am

Anthony,

You appear to be concerned with boost. I would suggest you head over TGC Sim where you belong or probably already there. With TGC Sim, all devices are either given a settings file that allows boosting or it can be done in TGC/device interfaces. Not only can you boost, you can even reduce side spin and basically, just about data point can be adjusted. There’s even a setting to make all putts start at zero degree. And yes, all these adjustments are allowed in there tournaments. Actually, TGC Sim tournaments don’t have any way to stop people from making adjustments to their ball/club data. I.e. you can cheat all you want. You should feel right at home over there.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON

shimonko
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 am

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby shimonko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:46 am

antony wrote:But aiming in real live does not work great with Skytrak (especially while putting; I read that while putting any side spin/angles are even ignored!). Putting does not work well in my setup and I am not interested in simulation putting anyways.


SkyTrak ignoring putting angles in JNPG happened on first implementation on it and got quickly changed to scale down putting errors. The organiser of the TGC Tour however closed the thread where he announced that—so the misinformation can't be corrected. TGC indeed allows people to laughably zero out putts under 3°, in their tournaments! You can still very much miss putts in JNPG—they simply make it so you'll roughly sink as many as you would in the long run if the SkyTrak was perfect.

antony wrote:I think I used the wrong word: simulation. What I mean is effective and somewhat immersive (= for me: no interaction with the software) training. I want to work on precise shots into the fairways/greens and move on. I want to see exactly where my ball started in relation to my aiming point and how much my ball curved (shot tracer on mini map). I also want to see the Spin rate and side spin/angle on the after shot display.
You were right: That is all being further away from simulation but much more efficient in terms of a professional device to actual get better and train effectivley.


SkyTrak is not a professional device - if that's important get a professional device. I have a SkyTrak and am happy with it because I knew of its limitations before purchasing. It is actually better than I expected. It's adequate for an enjoyable sim experience and does some things better than more expensive devices, but train off it and you're chasing your tail.

The putting combine here was led by a SkyTrak user before he changed to a GC2. There's a SkyTrak user in 4th place and I'm a new player and am in 6th place. I talk about the combines because they take a lot of green reading out of the equation and test repeating the putt twice-you won't get a good score if the device is all over the place. But it's not a Sam Puttlab.

antony wrote:And if there is a button to let the computer auto put for you (!= simulation) why not an option to always do this during a round?


Apart from the gimmes, I do see some annoying pop up at the start of non-tournament rounds asking if I wan't autoputt enabled. Not my thing though.

antony wrote:And boost: The OGT interface for GC2 has a boost feature (is what i heard). For Skytrak there is no such thing :( ... Did JNPG develop that interface or was it Skytrak/SkyGolf? I could ask them to fix this than :)


Thank god there's not. It even annoys me it's there in ProTee's interface and I don't even play TGC. Encourages a society of fake results based, overly confident people who are shit. A child doesn't get a boost when playing a real course - but what excitement when they knock 10 off their score suddenly or get a new longest drive.

antony wrote:Last point: For the software it should totally be possible to know if it is a tournament round or not. Any esport event works this way: A game is setup on a computer/server and the options (= tournament mode) is selected by the admin. There is no reason that would not work for OGT?
And how does this work in correlation to the boost in the GC2 OGT interface? That needs to be disabled for a tournament round too, right? Otherwise that would be totally unfair :|


GC2 OGT interface already does it to my knowledge. The PGSimConsole was written by Perfect Parallel, gives minimal functionality and not extendable by OGT.

antony
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby antony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:39 am

Zmax wrote:Anthony,

You appear to be concerned with boost. I would suggest you head over TGC Sim where you belong or probably already there. With TGC Sim, all devices are either given a settings file that allows boosting or it can be done in TGC/device interfaces. Not only can you boost, you can even reduce side spin and basically, just about data point can be adjusted. There’s even a setting to make all putts start at zero degree. And yes, all these adjustments are allowed in there tournaments. Actually, TGC Sim tournaments don’t have any way to stop people from making adjustments to their ball/club data. I.e. you can cheat all you want. You should feel right at home over there.


You my friend have a really lovely personality ... thank you so much for your advice ... very much appreciated!

User avatar
Zmax
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: New PG Simulator Feature Requests

Postby Zmax » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 am

antony wrote:
Zmax wrote:Anthony,

You appear to be concerned with boost. I would suggest you head over TGC Sim where you belong or probably already there. With TGC Sim, all devices are either given a settings file that allows boosting or it can be done in TGC/device interfaces. Not only can you boost, you can even reduce side spin and basically, just about data point can be adjusted. There’s even a setting to make all putts start at zero degree. And yes, all these adjustments are allowed in there tournaments. Actually, TGC Sim tournaments don’t have any way to stop people from making adjustments to their ball/club data. I.e. you can cheat all you want. You should feel right at home over there.


You my friend have a really lovely personality ... thank you so much for your advice ... very much appreciated!


Anytime my friend. Feel free to come back for more....
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

Office pc:
I5 6600k-16 GB-GTX670-Ultra High-Tree 2.05,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1171-Dynamic Skys ON

Sim pc:
I7 4790k-16 GB-GTX1060SC-Ultra High-Tree max,
Shadow 303-Grass 301-View Distance 1200-Dynamic Skys ON


Return to “Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Simulator (GC2, TM 3/4, Skytrak, ES16, Flightscope)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests