OGT Team Play Series Gross/Net Event Format

Moderators: HeNs, sliceapotomu, TheOtherRick, wildwil7

HeNs

OGT Team Play Series Gross/Net Event Format

Postby HeNs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:28 pm

BradJT_zpsytpu07fq.jpg
BradJT_zpsytpu07fq.jpg (128.29 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

Format:

This is a 2 player team competition using PG's API. Alternating Scramble and alt shot mop.

Teams are determined by the members who they want play with (bring your best team) it will be set and played thru tournament API in private tournament tab each round will be set that way thru it completion.

Teams can play together against other teams at the same time if they want or play separately, up to them entirely.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: In order for the leader board and scores to work you MUST make sure your PG in game Player name is exactly the same as your OGT user name. For those of you that have special color codes in front of your player names, or play with a different name, you will need to change it before playing this. Steam name does not matter.

Each team will have (5) DAYS to complete their rounds some rounds can and will be subject for extension, these events will be awarded points throughout a series of 5 tournaments per event that will alternate each round from scramble and alternate shot and the team with most points at end of the 5 tournament series will receive a trophy in their case.

Please note that all participating teams handicaps are adjusted to a team handicap from the results of the last (10) rounds completed under the alternate shot format... also note it will also continue to be adjusted after each round the team records in the alternate shot format in each series event played.

Handicaps will only be calculated from the alternate shot format not the scramble format all though the scramble format rounds count towards the series total for the win of the event.

heavyswinger

Re: OGT Team Play Series Gross/Net Event Format

Postby heavyswinger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

So I have a really stupid question, How does a team review their last 5 alt shot round scorecards? I can't find them anywhere.

HeavySwinger

HeNs

Postby HeNs » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:13 pm

heavyswinger wrote:So I have a really stupid question, How does a team review their last 5 alt shot round scorecards? I can't find them anywhere.

HeavySwinger

They don't because the way I set them up I delete them a day or two after the rounds are finished so that very thing can be done if a team so wishes to take their own screen shots for their records I do this for my records and paste them to a spreed sheet since this is a series event and trophy is rewarded at the series completion.

jspirate

Postby jspirate » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 am

Sign us up please:
Jspirate and RVArabbit
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
32 GB DDR4 3000
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

HeNs

Postby HeNs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

jspirate wrote:Sign us up please:
Jspirate and RVArabbit

All set ..Welcome to team play..!

jspirate

Postby jspirate » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 am

Excellent.

Question... Both of us are showing up on my computer under the tournament tab, but not on her computer. What is the correct way to get us both playing in the tournament (on different computers)? She has a licensed copy of PG on her computer through a different Steam account.

Her account (RVArabbit) was originally set up with mine and we didn't play at the same time (we both used my computer). I am guessing something needs to be done so that RVArabbit is linked to the other Steam account?
i7-8700K
32 GB DDR4 3000
LG 32GK850G

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:02 am

jspirate wrote:Excellent.

Question... Both of us are showing up on my computer under the tournament tab, but not on her computer. What is the correct way to get us both playing in the tournament (on different computers)? She has a licensed copy of PG on her computer through a different Steam account.

Her account (RVArabbit) was originally set up with mine and we didn't play at the same time (we both used my computer). I am guessing something needs to be done so that RVArabbit is linked to the other Steam account?

Currently you guys are sharing your steam account. So, tournaments will only show on your pc. If you want here to only play from her pc, then pm me her steam NET ID.
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

jspirate

Postby jspirate » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Team play is an absolute blast! Is there a schedule of team play events? If not, do you know when the next event is?
i7-8700K
32 GB DDR4 3000
LG 32GK850G

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:56 pm

right now just the two teamers one stroke and 1 match each round goes up at 5 day increments give or take.
here is the link for the other one http://onlinegolftour.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3713

jspirate

Postby jspirate » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:05 am

So.... I feel like maybe I am missing something. Does each each team play one round and that's it until the next tournament?

I looked for some sort of tracking to see if maybe one team has more wins than another or if maybe there was bracket system of elimination, but i didn't see anything.

Team play is very fun, I am just curious about whether or not there is a way of tracking team performance over time?
i7-8700K
32 GB DDR4 3000
LG 32GK850G

HeNs

Postby HeNs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:22 pm

There is no stats tracker for team play at the moment as there is in single play. But for the match play event since it is for ladder reports there is a record of wins and losses and rating points under ladder tab on main tour page.

And yes for now they are only one round 5 days to play rounds that way all teams continue to play each round if set up thru a bracket only teams that move forward will continue to play but just might and could set up a separate bracket tournament in the near future.

Also for the team series play the teams that win the net and gross points total of the 5 tournaments in the series are rewarded a trophy in their trophy case under player profile, so that also is a way of sort to see how many a team has won of those too.

sliceapotomu

Postby sliceapotomu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:45 pm

jspirate wrote:So.... I feel like maybe I am missing something. Does each each team play one round and that's it until the next tournament?

I looked for some sort of tracking to see if maybe one team has more wins than another or if maybe there was bracket system of elimination, but i didn't see anything.

Team play is very fun, I am just curious about whether or not there is a way of tracking team performance over time?

Each event in the current teamer are posted and updated here by Hens.. the team match play ladder format is new and we are figuring out what to do in the future but I am sure results will be posted here in it's own topic as well

HeNs

Postby HeNs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:29 pm

sliceapotomu wrote:
jspirate wrote:So.... I feel like maybe I am missing something. Does each each team play one round and that's it until the next tournament?

Each event in the current teamer are posted and updated here by Hens.. the team match play ladder format is new and we are figuring out what to do in the future but I am sure results will be posted here in it's own topic as well

Here is results for last match play event...Link below:

http://www.onlinegolftour.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3761

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 am

There’s a Team tab on the OGT pga ladder page. Team wins and losses from Hens team ladder tournaments are reported their by admin.

http://simulation.onlinegolftour.net/tour-ladder-standings.html?id=10037
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

CarlLapin

Postby CarlLapin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Signed us up please; Carl Lapin and Altaedm

HeNs