CLOSED - JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open- 2 rounds at Southport Links- 7/17 to 7/23 - Tour Event

Moderators: JohnMeyer, HeNs

JohnMeyer

CLOSED - JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open- 2 rounds at Southport Links- 7/17 to 7/23 - Tour Event

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:37 am

Welcome to the JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open

2 rounds at Southport Links to be played 17th to 23rd July

This is an Tour Event - Season Points and Prize Money

open.jpg
open.jpg (93.78 KiB) Viewed 113 times

southportlinks.png
southportlinks.png (92.46 KiB) Viewed 113 times

Southport Links is available to download here: http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.net/course-review.html?id=175

All JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 Tournaments are played as both Gross ( 0 handicap) and Net (Tour Handicap) concurrently. For each tournament round played the player is scored both gross (no handicap), and net(tour handicap applied), simultaneously.

So for each round played a player will have a gross score (ie one with 0 handicap applied) ,shown on the gross leaderboard, and a net score (ie gross score minus tour handicap), shown on the net leaderboard.

Players are able to switch between the 2 leaderboards to see where they stand on each. At the end of the tournament, there will be a Gross Winner, and a Net Winner, and players will receive gross points, based on their final gross position, that contribute to the overall gross standings, and net points based on their final net position, contributing to the overall net standings.

Conditions

• Round 1: Back Tees - 6424 yards, Stimp 9, Custom Pins, Windy 13 mph, Clear, Fairways Hard, Greens Normal : 72/131
  • Round 2: Back Tees - 6424 yards, Stimp 9, Custom Pins, Windy 19 mph, Rain, Fairways Normal, Greens Soft : 71/126

Register for the Event here: http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.net/tournament-leaderboard.html?id=921
PG Simulator Tour Administrator
PG Simulator Tour Player (GC2)
UK - EST+5

JohnMeyer

Re: JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open- 2 rounds at Southport Links- 7/17 to 7/23 - Tour Event

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 am

Please note the conditions for these rounds.

First round being hard fairways/normal greens, so be prepared to be running shots onto the greens etc, ie more links orientated.

For round 2 the rain moves in, and so things are back softened up to normal/soft, but with it the wind has also kicked up.

Whilst we dont do "majors" on the summer tour for WGR points reasons, hopefully youll appreciate this is setup as a Major, so should prove a thorough test of golf. Pins all seemed OK during testing so shouldnt be any probs there.

There are a couple of API settings here I dont use often, so if anyone has any problem with tournaments not appearing etc please message me on discord or PM here ASAP if it occurs just in case ive set it incorrectly, but all should be good.

Good luck

PS>

If PP do release their official version of Birkdale at some point this week I will try and get another tournament up for those that purchase and wish to try it
UK - EST+5

MainStGolf

Re: JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open- 2 rounds at Southport Links- 7/17 to 7/23 - Tour Event

Postby MainStGolf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Sorry to report there will be no rant at least for round 1. The SkyTrak saga took an upswing on the roller coaster in round 1. Was able to find a nice hard fade off the tee box and played it for most of the round. It did start to straighten up a bit on the back side. Long iron distances were spot on. Hit a 4-iron 200-plus yards twice, which I have seen IRL. Of course there was massive wind in round 1 :-). Other than one approach shot I still did not see normal iron distances on my short irons as compared to IRL. They were right there as to what I expect to see in the game now, so that was nice to see some consistency.

Had a good evening outdoors last night and the strike improved greatly. That lone 54 degree wedge went a "normal" IRL distance even though I was straight into a 16 mph wind, which was very odd.

I did get SkyJacked on one putt. I had a 7ft putt come up 0 and 0 and missed and I know darn good and well that I hit it hard enough to go in the hole. Had two birdie putts that I left 4 inches and 3 inches short, respectively, which chapped my behind.

SO . . . we'll see what happens in round 2, but I'm thinking the SkyTrak may just well want me to purchase a newspaper in Europe and become a links player :-).
Last edited by MainStGolf on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MainStGolf

Postby MainStGolf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Well that is back-to-back rounds of acceptable play. These two rounds were far from "perfect" from a SkyTrak standpoint as the issues with the shortgame will continue to exist until they supply a fix. Not really sure about sand as I didn't seem to hit into the sand much that I remember. The pot bunkers did cost me one stroke in round 1 as I tried to flop my way out of a bunker and I should have just played out sideways. Live and learn :-).

Most disappointing of the two rounds was putting. There were some really squirrelly putts from what I'm used to seeing. Then I had others that were just dead on what I hit showed up exactly on the screen.

But all in all it was something that I can live with because it was consistent enough to make adjustments. Especially off the tee box. I was getting by dead left pulls last night IRL so I played that way in the game and got all put one that did exactly what I expected them to do. One went WAY right as in heavy slice right that I did not see that one coming. Again perfectly capable of that shot as that is what I played in Round 1 for the majority of the round. However, that wasn't the swing I was trying to put on the ball and wasn't the swing I felt I put on the ball. I did that exact same thing last night, but immediately after I hit the ball I knew it was going that way and made that statement to the people I was playing with in league.

Again to me that is acceptable. Because the very next tee shot was right back to the left pull. And while its disappointing I can't get IRL numbers with the majority of my irons in both rounds I still got what I expected to get with the irons that I hit. I did get a couple of flyers that went IRL numbers when not expected, but that will happen IRL as well, so that's okay.

All in all this week is why I decided to hold onto the SkyTrak and go with the ES16. The SkyTrak play is acceptable for the investment and allows time to wait out the ES16 hiccups, which honestly I think are probably gone. They just don't have the "features" that say SkyTrak does right now. I need to get TGC to where it is playing properly and I can do more testing. But not overly concerned with it until summer slows down.

So sorry to disappoint with no real rant this week :-).

JohnMeyer

Re: CLOSED - JNPG Simulator Summer Tour 17 - The Open- 2 rounds at Southport Links- 7/17 to 7/23 - Tour Event

Postby JohnMeyer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:15 am

Tournament Closed

Congratulations to our Champion Golfers of the Year, DanFrost(net) and leoapd (gross)

netfinal.JPG
netfinal.JPG (98.53 KiB) Viewed 11 times

grossfinal.JPG
grossfinal.JPG (104.39 KiB) Viewed 11 times
UK - EST+5

Return to “JNPG Simulator Tour”