Sim help

rosski101

Sim help

Postby rosski101 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 am

Hi everyone

Great forum, loads of helpful information but just looking for some advise. Im starting to set uo a simulator in my garage. The dimensions of the room are

Length - 14ft
Width - 9.8ft
Height 9.1ft

I know ill be restricted a big on height but im just going to use a shorter shaft for driving. Has anyone else done a simulator in a similar size room. If so any tips, ideas etc would be great.

Will be joining the tour as soon as this is set up. Cant waitm ive also got a few friends who want to use my sim but join the tour. Havent looked into this yet and to see if thats a problem but ill worry about that once ive got the sim going. Looking at skytrak or gc2, side short throw 4k projector and a fridge for some nice beers!!
Thanks everyone

boerdoc

Re: Sim help

Postby boerdoc » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:48 pm

I cannot help you with the build in that room size but you may want to look into the cost for a short throw 4k projector. The Sony costs $25,000. Have fun setting it up and playing online. It is much fun.

Zmax

Postby Zmax » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:06 pm

rosski101 wrote:Hi everyone

Great forum, loads of helpful information but just looking for some advise. Im starting to set uo a simulator in my garage. The dimensions of the room are

Length - 14ft
Width - 9.8ft
Height 9.1ft

I know ill be restricted a big on height but im just going to use a shorter shaft for driving. Has anyone else done a simulator in a similar size room. If so any tips, ideas etc would be great.

Will be joining the tour as soon as this is set up. Cant waitm ive also got a few friends who want to use my sim but join the tour. Havent looked into this yet and to see if thats a problem but ill worry about that once ive got the sim going. Looking at skytrak or gc2, side short throw 4k projector and a fridge for some nice beers!!
Thanks everyone

Check out our simulator hardware/installation section of the forum.

Your friends can you join OGT Tour and play from your simulator. :)
GC2 US CST
Site Admin

JNPG Simulator Winter Tour 18 (sim):
http://www.simulation.onlinegolftour.ne ... l?id=10036

OGT Simulator Tour Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OGTSimulatorTour/

psgolfer

Postby psgolfer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Your not going to find an affordable short throw 4K projector. Best bang for the buck is to get a UHD65 or the cheaper little sister UHD60 and hang it from the back of the room.
GC2 PDT

gnomike

Postby gnomike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:07 am

Have you finished your build yet? I will be building in a similar sized space. H 9' x W 11' x L 13' I've mocked up a test space with these dimensions and it is doable, although tight. Height is actually not a problem at all, even with driver... although I won't be having any 6'6" friends over lol. The length of the room means that I'll be minimizing wall-to-screen distance, and then still hitting from about 7'. Going with the Optoma GT1080Darbee... I think it will work in 4:3 aspect but I still have to check for swing interference... xing my fingers lol

Return to “Simulator Pics/Enclosure/Flooring/Screen”