2018 OGT OPTISHOT TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP - March 26 - April 1, 2018

Moderators: braycobb, JohnMeyer, tb_tyler

Rgallant

Re: 2018 OGT OPTISHOT TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP - March 26 - April 1, 2018

Postby Rgallant » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:14 pm

First of all, I would like to thank Braycobb for all the hard work, and dedication in order to keep this league alive. Another great season by all and best of luck for the remainder of this tournament. This was a great challenge and wish I could of done a bit better for the TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS. But your only as good as the day you golf.

With regards to the comments above about club settings, my opinion is that you set up your profile to replicate how far you actually hit the ball. For example, if you his a 9 iron (for real) 140yards, you set the speed/distance so that this is the case on Optishot. If the settings are 98% for both or 110% for both settings so be it. The goal is that you try to repeat your club distances for real.

With regards to post videos, its nice to see and would love to myself but with this old junk laptop it is sometimes hard to run Optishot let alone both recording video software and the Optishot. So I can see StorminDunes points but this all comes down to integrity I guess.....

Anyways gents, the 2018 season comes to a close for me just in time as I fly out to Hawaii tomorrow for 2 weeks after a long winter in the snow up in Canada. Can't wait till I play the Sony Open Course (Waialae CC) next weekend, should be a treat. Should be getting in 4 to 5 rounds.... With this league and the winter league I run for 15 of my buddies, I hope to be back in some kind of shape and scoring, fingers crossed.

Good luck to all this summer and see everyone mid Oct. Keep them in the short stuff and go low!!!!!!!

Rod

Bmccolley

Postby Bmccolley » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello everybody,
A big thank you to bracobb for walking me through my first season and all the work of putting this thing together. Thank you to everybody who competes in this tournament as it has been a great time and something I looked forward to every week.

As far as the game rules go I think it's hard to get a exact formula to make everybody happy. The one thing I do not understand is that there is limitations on the driver and 3-wood but you can make all other clubs whatever you want. If you want you can make a pitching wedge to go 200 yards with the settings. I can see where this would be difficult to come up with a set of rules and only thing I can think of is that you cannot change your settings for your clubs once the round has begun. Meaning that when you start your round and start your recording and show all your clubs they cannot change the whole round. Like I said it is very difficult to come up with something to make everybody happy and I I am just happy to play. The computer I have now I could not figure out how to upload any videos but would always record my rounds just in case I needed to somehow for verification but never posted good enough scores. I am getting a new computer soon just for this setup and next year will be able to upload. I like that you have to upload because I have watched videos of everybody's rounds just to kind of seat the approaches that they take. As far as the hard course settings I am all in favor of how they went. It made me feel like I had a shot on some of the courses which I didn't but I liked it.

Lastly congratulations to me on taking the most shots on tour and just want to say thank you to everybody I couldn't have did it without you guys LOL. Can't wait to do this again next year and will be looking forward to it.

Good times!!

Davechow99 or anybody else that would like to set up and play some rounds during the summer message me and we will set something up. Always funner to play with somebody. I'm usually pretty free during the evenings but this could change if I get my invite to Hawaii from Rod which I would gladly accept LOL. Have fun everybody

Joe_S

Postby Joe_S » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Optishot tour championship Round 1
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243943830

Optishot tour championship Round 2
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243960976

Optishot tour championship Round 3
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245427069

Optishot tour championship Round 4
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245439433

Joe_S

Postby Joe_S » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:26 pm

We spent a lot of time and testing to get real-life driving distance. And i like that. I've set my irons also to my distances in real golf.
I think we wanted no arcade golf and when we set drivers to 100/100 we all will get more distance. But Stormin will get this, to... :mrgreen:

In my opinion the main differences between real-life golf and Optishot are the shots from the rough und putting to the edge of the hole. In the rough in real life you can't take a longer iron to get the distance back (like in Optishot), you take a shorter iron to get the ball back to the fairway. And so you lose a stroke...
And when putting to the edge of the hole: Ball is in or not in...

My experience is about 10 strokes difference to real-life golf. Does this match to the other players? My real-life Hcp is 7, I shoot around 80 on my home course (on good days under 80, on bad a bit over 80).

Perhaps we shouldn't set drivers to 100/100 but play with demanding or very demanding rough and moderate light rouph and bunker as minimum settings.

Just my thoughts... ;)

And a big thank to Brad for his time and work from me, too!

Whiskeybent

Postby Whiskeybent » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm

- Hunter

Whiskeybent

Postby Whiskeybent » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks Brad for all your hard work and dedication to the Tour this year. I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of it.

I feel that the course conditions have been set up very fair throughout the season. Regular events have not been so hard, while majors and championships have been challenging. I feel what Dave is describing is more of a game fault than a setup fault. I agree though in a way. When rough conditions are set to demanding, it makes you try harder to hit the fairways, taking a little off your driver swing. And nothing is more frustrating than hitting the middle of the fairway and watch the ball roll 50 yards sideways into the rough that you were desperately trying to avoid. But again, that's a game fault. Fairways are not that fast. Kind of like how wind does not really affect putting near as much as it does on this game. But we all have the same conditions. We just have to learn the tendencies of the game.

Good luck to the guys finishing up this week!
- Hunter

StorminDunes

Postby StorminDunes » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:39 am

Tour Championship Round 4 : https://www.twitch.tv/stormindunes/mana ... /245457917

I would also like to thank Braycobb for all the work being admin for this league. Alot of good comments on settings and conditions.

Joe, I am also a 7 handicap on my home course and a good striker of the ball at age 55. The guidelines say irons at normal yardages from real course.

The first year I used 100-107 to achieve this. ( 7 iron 160 yds ) The issue was i had too many clubs between 190 yds - 4i to 245 yds - Driver. So now I use 100 - 100 to

keep proper club spacing even though my 7i is 135 yds. I do agree we may not need 100 -100 on driver or all the way up. I was just throwing out there.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my point on videos, I just meant when your club settings are limited, it gives integrity to the league. I understand if

unable to do so and maybe thats why the league is small, because I think it took me 3 or 4 days to figure everything out,but it was worth it. LOL

Have a great summer all, I hope to be back in the fall to defend my title :D

Cheers StorminDunes!!

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

Congratulations to StorminDunes (Gross Division) and JoeS (Net Division) on their wins at the OGT Optishot Tour Championship! Excellent playing!!!

I will close out the tournament and update the final standings as soon as possible.

braycobb

Postby braycobb » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot edit the final standings and add points on the OGT Tour site. Following are the final standings for the 2017/2018 OGT Optishot Tour:

Return to “OGT Optishot Tour”